Bequia Estates Whole Estate Bequia Estates, BEQUIA, The Grenadines
- 0 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 7.94 Acres
- 345902 Sq Ft
- Prime Location
- FOR SALE
- Ridgetop & Hillside
- Stunning Admiralty Bay Views
- Central location
- Exciting Development Potential
- Panoramic Bay & Ocean Views }
Bequia Estates Full Estate Bequia Estate, Bequia St. Vincent & the Grenadines
Total Combined - 345,902 sq ft / 7.94 acres
Oldest, Private Estates on Bequia
The entire estate is private and residential, accessed by private road from the Port Elizabeth road above Princess Margaret Beach.The selection of plots available in the estate are for sale as one estate
Elevated, hillside location
The plots have stunning views of both sides of the Island; Admiralty bay, Lower Bay & Friendship Bay, and enjoys both the sunrise & sunset.
The area is Richmond and the land is natural woodland, sloping and breezy with exceptional views on the leeward side of the island, beautiful sunsets, and the élévation provides comfortable breeze and a cool peaceful environment. These plots provide the perfect location for a residential or vacation rental villa.
This is one of Bequia's most respected locations, and the lots have amazing potential, demonstrated by the existing properties on neighbouring lots, which are beyond the 2M USD mark. The lots have stunning natural greenery and sloping woodland, adding to the wonderful sense of tranquility that this private estate holds. This mark represents a terrific investment, and would make the perfect base for an amazing private home, or rental villa.
Plots Available Individually
The plots are available for purchase individually:
Bequia Estates is one of the oldest estates on Bequia. Located in an elevated hillside position high above the famous Princess Margaret Beach to the West, and Friendship Bay to the East. The entire estate is private and residential, accessed from the Port Elizabeth road above Princess Margaret Beach. A lovely peaceful estate with a collection of residential villas. Bequia's best beaches are just a few minutes drive away, only a 10 minute drive from here to the ferry dock and shops of Port Elizabeth, and 20 minutes to the local airport.
Purchasing land in a foreign country can seem like a daunting task. We are here from start to finish of the process, and pride ourselves with a strong relationship with previous buyers, assisting in settling new owners into the island and their property. We are happy to assist with any part, from the handover, relocating, shipping, staffing, and continuing through our rental program.
We extend our full concierge services, and regularly handle all arrangements for potential purchasers visiting the islands for viewings - private or scheduled flights, transfers, accommodation, island briefings, tours and property viewings.
We arrange and lead viewings ensuring they are comfortable, relaxed and well timed. We provided detailed printed material and can photograph aspects of the property which are of particular interest to you, ensuring that all follow up material is focused for you.
From helping you find the right property, assisting in assessment & evaluation, advice on legal processes to various areas surrounding architecture, design, project management, property maintenance, management, and rental.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.