Barefoot Cottage Belmont, BEQUIA, The Grenadines
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 0.2 Acres
- Plunge pool
- Open to Offers
- 5 mins walk from Beaches
- Established Rental Property
Rental Property & Owner Accommodation Above
Barefoot Villa comprises of 2 levels of living space; an upper floor currently inhabited by the owners, and a lower level let successfully as a one bedroom vacation rental property.
Both floors have an open plan living space, double bedroom with walk in shower and WC, a kitchenette and balcony overlooking lush tropical foliage and offering tantalizing micro views of the bays beneath.
Established Rental Apartment
Barefoot Apartment is currently being let as a vacation rental for 2. Ideal for honeymooners the small scale and intimacy offered by this charming apartment provides an opportunity for guests with a limited budget to be able to savour the unspoilt caribbean for themselves.
Plunge Pool & Balconies
One of the villas most charming features is the plunge pool with treetop glimpses of the azure blue sea of the bays beneath.
Safe & Secure
Barefoot Villa is located in a quiet residential area, has a security system fitted and has also had stylish burglar proof bars fitted to the windows at the rear windows of the property.
Tropical Secluded Location
The views are fringed with mature palm leaves and the villa sits peacefully whilst nestled amongst glossy, tropical vegetation. The garden area has a packed stone wall and plants providing subtle separation from the neighbours.
5 Minutes Stroll from Beautiful Bequia Beaches
Just a 5 minute walk away from 2 of the most beautiful and popular of the beaches on Bequia, Princess Margaret & Lower Bay.
Ideal Investment Opportunity for a Couple
This property provides and ideal opportunity for a couple who are looking to live on the island and invest in a small but perfectly formed holiday rental business located in one of the islands best locations.
Last year the lower level rental was successfully let for over one third of the calendar year.
This sale provides an opportunity for the new owners to build and develop this vacation rental occupancy further.
Well Connected & Appealing
Barefoot Villa has an internet connection and cable TV. The upper level has a small room, perfect for an office, an ideal place for the owner to manage their rental business below.
A central location on the island this is an established area above the Belmont Waterfront Walkway. The shore side is a relaxing and social area with sandy restaurants...yachts at anchor... children playing...a friendly fun area. Home to Bequia's longest established Hotels,the Frangipani the Whaleboner and the Gingerbread. There are small wooden jetties and its the place to stroll along the shore to Port Elizabeth or past the Dive shops to Princess Margaret Beach just over the headland. Houses and villas here enjoy panoramic views over Admiralty Bay, the finest harbour in the Windwards with visiting yachts form all over the world. The sunsets are breathtaking.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.