Villa La Mer Cap Estate, ST LUCIA, St Lucia
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 0.93 Acres
- 2000 Sq Ft
- Private Pool
- SOLD STC
- 10 mins to beach
- Turn-Key Rental
- Includes Furnishings
Villa La Mer Cap Estate Saint Lucia
3 Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms Land – Approx 40,515 sq. ft. House – Approx 2,000 sq. ft. excluding terraces.
The villa is in the heart of Cap Estate, with beautiful views of the Caribbean Sea. Rodney Bay with its shops, restaurants, bars and the beautiful sandy Reduit Beach, is less than ten minutes away by car.
The St Lucia Golf & Country Club is no more than five minutes away.
Along the garden side of the house folding glass 'curtains' open back in the living room/dining room and two principal bedrooms to give unspoilt views of the Caribbean Sea below.
Swimming pool and terrace and bbq area with great views.
- Split level open plan living and dining room and kitchen
- Fully fitted open plan kitchen equipped with 1.5 sink, electric oven, gas hob, ice making fridge/freezer and washing machine
- Master double bedroom with balcony, walk-in dressing room and ensuite bathroom, with bath, shower, w.c. and w.b.
- Double bedroom with balcony and a further small double bedroom share a bathroom with shower , w.c. and w.b.
- Garden storage building / Potential office
- Large garden wooden cabin, currently used as a gym, but could be converted into a fourth bedroom.
10 mins from St Lucia's best beach - Reduit Beach
The property is presented as a company sale which gives you the most efficient purchase format for this property - the purchase process is better than a private purchase.
The Property is furnished excluding a few personal items of the owners to be confirmed.
The property is private and secure in a well respected location:
- Ocean view
- Land – Approx 40,515 sq. ft.
- House – Approx 2,000 sq. ft. excluding terraces.
Buying a property in St.Lucia where there is a tax haven with no VAT, no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and no estate tax makes a great deal of sense. St.Lucia is one of the worlds top destinations for weddings and honeymoons making a holiday rental property potentially lucrative. St.Lucia has really embraced the worldwide taste for health spas with the first St.Lucia Health & Wellness Retreat, supported by the government and private businesses, being established and opening soon on the island. Being one of the most accessible islands in the region with the lowest crime rate St.Lucias affordable properties offer an ideal opportunity for investment. Comparable in many ways to neighbouring Barbados but with house prices ranging from 40-60% lower this beautiful island should not be overlooked as an investment opportunity.
With a total land area of just 620 sq miles St.Lucia, often called "The Helen of the West Indies" because of its natural beauty, sits in the ocean like a shimmering jewel. Pristine white sandy beaches, tropical forest populated by rainbow-plumed birds and acres of orchards filled with sweet smelling tropical fruits such as mango, papaya and banana are crowned by the islands twin peaks the Gros & Petit Pitons.
How to buy St Lucia property
There are certain rules and regulations you must comply with as a non domicile of St Lucia in order to purchase a St Lucia property. For instance, you will need to apply for an Alien Landholding Licence. Generally the cost of purchasing a property on St Lucia will come out at between 6-8% on top of the purchase price. This will cover stamp duty, the Alien Landholding Licence, Treasury receipt, legal costs and registration fees. If you are taking out a mortgage, lenders tend to charge a set-up fee.
Alien Landholding Licence
Foreigners must apply to the Ministry of Planning for an Alien Landholding Licence which costs EC$1,500, is non-refundable and does not need renewing. The process takes up to 16 weeks as the application is vetted by the Physical Planning Office of the Ministry of Physical Development, Environment & Housing, approved by the Prime Ministers Office and finally by the Office of the Attorney General.
appointed lawyer will make the application for the Alien Landholding
Licence on your behalf. Along with your completed application you will
need to provide the lawyer with the following information:
• Certificate of character for each applicant (from your local police station)
• A bank reference
• A copy of your passport data page
Full set of fingerprints (from your local police station)
• 4 passport size pictures of each applicant
• Full details of the proposed property or land purchase (including a survey plan and land register of the property (from the Vendor) and a value assessment of the land or property (although the value assessment may not be necessary
• Receipt proving payment of application fee
• Initial approval from the Development Control Authority (this may not be necessary.
In addition to the application fee for the Alien Landholding Licence, the
following fees are applicable depending on the land area of your
Land Area (in acres)/ Price (in EC$)
Under 1 $5000
1-10 / $10,000
10-20 / $20,000
20-50 / $30,000
50-100 / $40,000
100+ / $50,000