Island View Cane Garden, ST. VINCENT, Saint Vincent
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 0.17 Acres
- Swimming Pool
- FOR SALE
- New Gazebo & Pool Deck
- Exceptional Value
- Ideal Investment Opportunity
- 25 x 15ft Pool
Island View House Kingstown, St.Vincent 3/4 Bedrooms in Cane Garden, Kingstown
There are currently 3 bedrooms: a master bedroom with en suite bathroom, a family bathroom and 2 other bedrooms. In addition there is a room being used as a toy/storage room that has an en suite bathroom, this could easily become a 4th bedroom.
This could be a large family home sleeping 5-8 people comfortably. Well served by public transport and a short distance to all the major shops, restaurants and ferry port, Ocean View is reasonably priced and offers a huge scope for further development.
Ocean and Island Views over to Young Island, Mustique & Balliceaux
Island View is South West facing and offers superb ocean and island views of Mustique, Young Island and the uninhabited Balliceaux in the distance.
Granite Worktops & White Oak Kitchen Units
The kitchen is modern, light and well designed featuring sleek granite worktops and imported white oak kitchen units.
Google Location Marker
This is not the exact location, please contact the team for further details.
Pool, Deck & Gazebo
The owners have recently added a 25 x 25 ft pool, a surrounding pool deck is near completion and a gazebo is currently being built to complete the exterior development.
Extra Space & Storage
There is a fitness room being developed, a laundry room in existence and plenty of storage throughout the property. The bedrooms has built-in cupboard space and there is a larger storage space underneath the pool.
Ideal Investment Opportunity
This property would be ideal for a large family home or a vacational rental opportunity. The development of Buccament Bay resort, the success of the Pirates films and the new Argyle Airport all point towards the steady growth of St.Vincent's tourist based economy.
New Argyle Airport
The new Argyle Airport, expected to be completed by 2016 will increase the volume of passengers to the island from where, traditionally they have moved onto the other Grenadine Islands. Increasingly St.Vincent is beginning to offer a broader variety of vacation rental properties and activities including the growing outdoor & spa type experiences offered at Buccament Bay resort, for example.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.