Beachfront Land Private Island, Mayreau, The Grenadines
- 0 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Acres
- 43560 Sq Ft
- On the beach
- FOR SALE
- Immaculate west coast Beachfront
- National Park
- Direct Beach Access
Mayreau 1 acre Beachfront Trois Anse Bay, Mayreau Saint Vincent and The Grenadines
Over 1 acre of Beachfront Land
The plot includes over 200 ft beach frontage and gently sloping land from the beach
Mayreau is an unspoilt paradise at the very centre of the Grenadines.
The island forms the western perimeter of the Tobago Cays National Park and Marine Reserve where 5 miles of coral reef encircle four desert islands set in an turquoise lagoon.
Here is the opportunity to take responsibility for land on the beach with tropical woodland, a short stroll from the village.
The beach is immaculate deep coral sand, the water is calm and clear, the swimming snorkeling and diving are world class.
The views over the bay and Caribbean Sea are panoramic, uninterrupted and include the islands of Union Island, Catholic Island and West for the sunsets
Mayreau is the destination of choice in the region for yachts from around the world and offers a unique opportunity for responsible development
For more information and viewing contact the exclusive agent - Grenadine Island Villas
A Private Island Location - see other tabs for more information on location.
The entire process can be handled remotely - ie while you are in the UK.Purchase procedure:
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale & deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
The Agreement of Sale Contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
Provide the following details to your local lawyer :
- Date and place of birth
- Copy of passport
- Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
- Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
Purchase costs are straightforward;
- 5% Stamp Duty
- approximately 6% ALHL
- legal fees
Legal fees are standard and the lawyer you instruct can provide a detailed breakdown of the costs.
We advise allowing 13% to cover the costs.
The lawyer can advise on personal or company ownership;
Company ownership provides automatic exemption from work permit. Residency is a simple formality with property ownership.
Many buyers choose to own their property through a company which can be set up easily, the lawyer can advise on the costs and fees for this.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible. Funds can be repatriated freely.