Stone House & Cottage Belmont, Bequia, The Grenadines
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 0.5 Acres
- 15162 Sq Ft
- Swimming pool
- FOR SALE
- Beachfront 100 yards
- 100 yards from waterfront
- Private 4,140 sq ft villa
- Natural Stone, Traditional Features
Stone House & Cottage Belmont, Bequia St. Vincent & the Grenadines A Fantastic, Private Location
Stone House's location has the perfect balance - it is set right in the heart of the action by the Belmont walkway, and yet the property enjoys quiet and privacy. The beach is just 80 paces from this lovely Bequia retreat, and there are bars, restaurants and a local supermarket nearby. Stone house covers over 4000 sq ft and is set in half an acre of secluded, level gardens, and this property really has a tranquil feel to it, making it an ideal property with great potential.
A Traditional Feel
Stone House has a lovely traditional Caribbean feel, with natural stone and wood exterior. There are ceiling fans throughout, along with air conditioning in the master bedroom. There is an open living area, just by the pool.
At over 4000 sq ft the whole villa has an open feel to it, adding to the sense of space and relaxation. The high wooden beamed ceilings are a lovely feature, and the open courtyard is the perfect central area to draw all the sections of the house together.The pool is a great size, and there are areas of both shade of sunlight, and plenty of space to sit and relax.
Kitchen & Dining Area
The kitchen has a huge amount of storage space, and is well equipped. Like the living area, the kitchen is a very good size. There is plenty of space for both inside and outside dining. The layout of the whole property works well.
A Fabulous Master Bedroom
The master bedroom at Stone House is a great space. It is located just off the open pool courtyard, and is decorated in calm, neutral colours. The bedroom currently has air conditioning installed. There is an en suite bathroom, along with a second guest bathroom.
Stone House is currently functioning as a vacation rental. This property would be a good investment, whether a buyer would continue to generate income in this way or purchase Stone House as a lovely private home. The location, privacy and natural features are just some of the great things about Stone House, and this is a really great option to consider. Please contact the team at Grenadine Island Villas for more information or to arrange a viewing.
A central location on the island this is an established area above the Belmont Waterfront Walkway. The shore side is a relaxing and social area with sandy restaurants...yachts at anchor... children playing...a friendly fun area. Home to Bequia's longest established Hotels,the Frangipani the Whaleboner and the Gingerbread. There are small wooden jetties and its the place to stroll along the shore to Port Elizabeth or past the Dive shops to Princess Margaret Beach just over the headland. Houses and villas here enjoy panoramic views over Admiralty Bay, the finest harbour in the Windwards with visiting yachts form all over the world. The sunsets are breathtaking.
1. Make your offer for your chosen property through us. We present your offer, and work to bring the sale to an agreement with the owner.
2. Appoint a local Lawyer to handle your purchase (list of recommended lawyers can be provided upon request) exchange contact details and discuss the purchase arrangements, as you wish.
3. Sign Agreement of Sale + deposit 10% of purchase price in ESCROW account with the lawyer.
(this contract is prepared by the lawyer for approval by both parties, before being finalised and signed by both parties. This is a binding agreement, the only circumstances where you would retrieve the deposit would be if:
- the seller fails to perform (for example if there was not clear title)
- or if your ALHL is not issued (this is extremely rare).
4. Alien Land Holders Licence (ALHL) Application (specific to the property & applied for at the time of agreement of purchase ).
provide the following details to your local lawyer :
Date and place of birth
Copy of passport
Bank reference (not finances just a letter of reliability)
Police certificate of clear record (applied for from your local police station or online, in your home country
UK click here: The police certificate is usually fairly swift and at least straightforward.
Address, current and for previous 5 years
The lawyer makes the ALHL application and searches to check clear title on the property.
5. ALHL is issued (this usually takes 2 to 3 months).
6. Complete the purchase (you deposit the balance of purchase price and the signed deeds of conveyance are released). At this point the property is yours.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and annual property taxes are negligible.