Reduit Rise Rodney Bay, St Lucia, St Lucia
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 0 Acres
- access to neighbouring pool
- FOR SALE
- Fully Furnished
- Rental Income from Apartment
- Views over Pigeon Island & ocean
Two bed upper level, with a self contained apartment on the lower level.Set in a quiet residential area, just minutes' walk from the beach and from the heart of Rodney Bay, with its shops, restaurants and bars. The property enjoys views of the sea and Pigeon Island. It has use of a communal pool and has excellent income potential with a separate two bed apartment below.
Investment Opportunity for Holiday Let or Second Home
This property presents a wonderful opportunity to purchase for holiday let. The proximity to Rodney Bay Reduit beach makes it an ideal location. Restaurants, supermarkets and numerous activities are all within walking distance of the property. As the property comprises a three bed house and two bed apartment it could potentially yield a generous income.
Views over Ocean & Pigeon Island
The views from the house are lovely of the ocean and nearby Pigeon Island with particularly good views from the terrace off the living area on the ground floor.
Currently the house is fully furnished and all the contents remain as part of the sale.
- For sale fully furnished
- Company Sale
- Access to an adjoining property with a swimming pool
- An investment opportunity for holiday let or second home
- carport for two cars
- Security alarm in the house
Entrance into open plan living/dining room and kitchen. Opens onto outside terrace with views of the Caribbean Sea and Pigeon Island. Steps from the terrace lead to a roof terrace above with an even better view of the bay and a small relaxation/bar area. The kitchen is fitted with double sink, fridge/freezer and gas cooker.
- Two Double Bedrooms, both with A/C and fitted wardrobes share a large shower room with w.c. and w.b
- Large Master bedroom with A/C, fitted cupboards and en suite bathroom with bath, walk-in shower, twin wash basins, w.c. and bidet
- Large laundry room at garden level.
- Separate Garden Level Apartment: self-contained apartment, with two double bedrooms, both with A/C and fitted cupboards
- Shower room with w.c., w.b. and bidet
- Spacious open plan kitchen/living/dining room. With doors opening onto small terrace
- Guest cloakroom, with second shower, w.c. and w.b
- Utility room
The volcanic island of Saint Lucia is more mountainous than many other Caribbean islands, two mountains, the Pitons, form the island's most famous landmark. They are located between Soufrière and Choiseul on the western side of the island. Rodney Bay, home of Reduit Beach and a marina and aquatic centre offers a wide range of activities for the active holiday makers.
Buying a property in St.Lucia where there is a tax haven with no VAT, no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and no estate tax makes a great deal of sense. St.Lucia is one of the worlds top destinations for weddings and honeymoons making a holiday rental property potentially lucrative. St.Lucia has really embraced the worldwide taste for health spas with the first St.Lucia Health & Wellness Retreat, supported by the government and private businesses, being established and opening soon on the island. Being one of the most accessible islands in the region with the lowest crime rate St.Lucias affordable properties offer an ideal opportunity for investment. Comparable in many ways to neighbouring Barbados but with house prices ranging from 40-60% lower this beautiful island should not be overlooked as an investment opportunity.
With a total land area of just 620 sq miles St.Lucia, often called "The Helen of the West Indies" because of its natural beauty, sits in the ocean like a shimmering jewel. Pristine white sandy beaches, tropical forest populated by rainbow-plumed birds and acres of orchards filled with sweet smelling tropical fruits such as mango, papaya and banana are crowned by the islands twin peaks the Gros & Petit Pitons.
How to buy St Lucia property
There are certain rules and regulations you must comply with as a non domicile of St Lucia in order to purchase a St Lucia property. For instance, you will need to apply for an Alien Landholding Licence. Generally the cost of purchasing a property on St Lucia will come out at between 6-8% on top of the purchase price. This will cover stamp duty, the Alien Landholding Licence, Treasury receipt, legal costs and registration fees. If you are taking out a mortgage, lenders tend to charge a set-up fee.
Alien Landholding Licence
Foreigners must apply to the Ministry of Planning for an Alien Landholding Licence which costs EC$1,500, is non-refundable and does not need renewing. The process takes up to 16 weeks as the application is vetted by the Physical Planning Office of the Ministry of Physical Development, Environment & Housing, approved by the Prime Ministers Office and finally by the Office of the Attorney General.
appointed lawyer will make the application for the Alien Landholding
Licence on your behalf. Along with your completed application you will
need to provide the lawyer with the following information:
• Certificate of character for each applicant (from your local police station)
• A bank reference
• A copy of your passport data page
Full set of fingerprints (from your local police station)
• 4 passport size pictures of each applicant
• Full details of the proposed property or land purchase (including a survey plan and land register of the property (from the Vendor) and a value assessment of the land or property (although the value assessment may not be necessary
• Receipt proving payment of application fee
• Initial approval from the Development Control Authority (this may not be necessary.
In addition to the application fee for the Alien Landholding Licence, the
following fees are applicable depending on the land area of your
Land Area (in acres)/ Price (in EC$)
Under 1 $5000
1-10 / $10,000
10-20 / $20,000
20-50 / $30,000
50-100 / $40,000
100+ / $50,000